25 December 2010

ART of TRON : mini review

So this past week I've gotten a lot of Tron merchandise... 1&2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. And there's still a few things left to get.. 8. 9. 10.

Not to mention the best of all, Art of Tron!
Really my best gift to myself this season. I love artbooks immensely, especially ones about design, so this was essential to my collection.


Metallic hardcover beauty <3

Possibly with the intent of avoiding spoilers, this book is missing a few things and doesn't have clear images of the main characters costumes, or any making of photos of the costumes that I was hoping for.. but the large 160 pages have plenty to be happy about.
If you are interested in design, its all here. Interior, exterior, vehicle, and .. costume design! So many sketches! Just eye-candy galore.





I'm exceptionally pleased with the photos of Kevin Flynn's safehouse. Very inspiring interior design. There was a lot of information I didn't know about the making of the sets, mostly I've been reading up on what went into the costumes.
All around, the movie is an impressive assembly of a fantastic design team. Can you believe they pulled it all together in just 2 years??
I know some reviewers had their issues with the story but design tells a strong story to me. Keep your eyes open always.

There isn't much more I can say, I'm super happy. At $26 shipped from Amazon, I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment