05 December 2010

2010 look-back: fashion weeks

Most of my posts this month will be reflecting back on 2010, since I don't really do much this month except finals. This year was my first time taking part in Fashion Week in NYC, where I had the opportunity to volunteer backstage at a handful of shows.
So heres a look back at the great experience that was:



.

.

.

Irina Shabayeva F/W 2010





Malan Breton F/W 2010




Anna Sui F/W 2010
I was interning here for a few months, it was a very interesting experience! I took a video of the full show but it was very washed out and too long for youtube, but theres plenty of press footage out there. Karen Elson and Agyness Deyn are in this one.


The rest of these videos were taken with my Droid, since I couldn't bring my video camera in. Though the quality difference isn't too great.. :/

Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto S/S 2011
I met the band backstage here, very very cool venue too.




Indashio S/S 2011
This was.. very wild.


Bebe S/S 2011
This is my favorite video of the bunch! This show was so well organized and ran very smoothly. It gives you a great look at what goes on backstage at a smaller venue, through the eyes of a student volunteer.


There were a few other events I attended, but need to actually upload the pictures somewhere.
For the time being, here's the facebook album for all the s/s 2011 show photos I have on fb:
facebook photo album: fashion week
It was a blast! I got made up, met some celebrities, dressed many lovely models, and even caught a rare shot of a model eating a sandwich ;)
Greatly looking forward to next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment